I’m pretty excited for 2019. I made some major changes last year. Now I’m ready to settle into them and see what happens. To review: 1) I left teaching—I had been a middle and high school social studies teacher for 6 years. It was great, but I was ready for a change; 2) I started doing carpentry—I’ve been doing repair work for years and wanted to do more. I have a lot to learn, but I’m now building houses (and furniture at home); 3) I played a mess of gigs—and I plan to play out at least once a month, either solo or with CatHaüs.
I want to keep the momentum going, so here are a few of my New Year’s Intentions:
- I will continue to build and learn. In addition to working with my good friend, bandmate, and awesome contractor Eric Drew, I am also doing winter work with Leddy Build Design in South Portland. If you or someone you know is looking to build or renovate, let me know! I am also available for small building, repair or remodeling work. Contact me at email@example.com for more info. I also want to make more furniture for commission/sale (look for pictures of recent projects soon).
- I am slowly working my way toward a full length album. It will include remixed/reworked tracks from my 2016 EP, as well as songs from the “It’s Never the Right Time” single, plus new songs like “No Excuses” and a few more in the works. Stay tuned!
- Last year I initiated a new music idea: custom songs. So far it has been great to work with people to craft unique gifts for their grandchildren, parents, spouses, and kids. I can’t wait to do more! Learn more at my website—there’s a cool video too!
- Gigs, gigs, gigs and more gigs. CatHaüs played a wicked NYE gig at Easy Day in South Portland last night—a total blast! Not just a bar band, we play private parties, events, weddings, etc. We always have fun playing, and that fun is felt by audiences, creating an easy vibe that encourages even the most bashful dance.
- And of course, I’ll be playing my heart out. Thus far, I’ve booking the first two months of 2019. . . 10 months to go! I would love to see you at any and all of the following venues:
January 10: Blue, 5PM, 650A Congress Street, Portland
February 9: Thirsty Pig, 2-4PM, 37 Exchange St, Portland
As always you can keep up with me at https://www.chriskempwhite.com, follow me on FaceBook, and hear/buy music at chriskempwhite.com, and streaming on YouTube, Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, and Deezer.